I started to dream big when I was 9 years old and I figured I'd be a
pediatrician-a doctor who gives candies to kids after their routine check-up,
based on what I've read from those childhood books.
Come high school senior year, I was having second thoughts about pursuing
the medical career due to financial reason as to my main concern became working
abroad the soonest possible to help pay for the expenses in my family.
Then, much to my mother's chagrin as she wanted me to become a nurse, I
became an occupational therapist- a career that is both fulfilling emotionally
and monetarily. I worked hard doing what I do best- dealing, handling and
teaching children. It is what makes me happy, it is what gives me fulfillment,
and it is what I thought I finally and really want.
But I cannot stay stuck here, the journey has to go on. This is what I want
and this is what I believe in to and I would like to share it with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment